23:52 UT Kjell got Ant 5 back in the field, with the notch filters installed. When the 3C84 calibration occurred, I found the Ant 5 delays needed adjustment, so I did that, although it will not appear in the data until the solar day ends. The adjustment was only 0.5 ns. Some others were tweaked by 0.1 ns as well. In order to evaluate the new Ant 5 FEM, I need to first measure and set the DCM attenuations in the < 2.5 GHz bands, so that as we tune to those bands we do not saturate the ADCs. My first attempt to do that failed for some reason, but I will attempt it again this evening.
04:35 UT I finally had a chance to check the performance of Ant 5, only to find that it looks just like the other antennas. Looking into it further, I discovered that Kjell had put the notch filter in without taking the 2.5 GHz filter out! It is also in the wrong place. It needs to be between the first (Miteq) LNA and the second amplifier/first variable attenuator. Instead, he had put it between the two attenuators, leaving the 2.5 GHz filter in place. I emailed him to fix it, but I believe he is on a short vacation until next week, so nothing will happen until he returns, just before we all arrive at OVRO on May 12.