Difference between revisions of "2019 April"

From EOVSA Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Apr 02)
(Apr 06)
Line 6: Line 6:
 
== Apr 06 ==
 
== Apr 06 ==
 
'''13:25 UT''' Today I updated the antenna pointing, reset the FEM attenuations (note that ants 2 and 7 had screwed up crio.ini files, so I uploaded the right ones), and updated the DCM master table.  This was all done AFTER the morning calibration (which was short anyway, because there was a bug in the GPS satellite coordinates today!).
 
'''13:25 UT''' Today I updated the antenna pointing, reset the FEM attenuations (note that ants 2 and 7 had screwed up crio.ini files, so I uploaded the right ones), and updated the DCM master table.  This was all done AFTER the morning calibration (which was short anyway, because there was a bug in the GPS satellite coordinates today!).
 +
 +
'''21:19 UT''' Oddly, after today's SOLPNTCAL the offsets were the same as before.  I checked the database, and indeed the antenna coordinate change did not happen.  I am not sure why, since when I reran the exact same sequence of commands, the update went fine.  In about 20 minutes I will see the second SOLPNTCAL at 21:30 UT, and can verify if the update worked.

Revision as of 21:21, 6 April 2019

Back to Observing Log

Apr 02

14:23 UT At long last, we have new batteries in the Ant 13 solar power station. Presumably Ant 13 will no longer lose power every night, so it should be available every day barring some other cause of downtime. The batteries at Ant 12 will also be replaced in a day or so, and the Ant 2 Az drive will be fixed this week also. That will solve the known problems aside from the continuing DPP crashes (and occasional schedule hang-ups).

Apr 06

13:25 UT Today I updated the antenna pointing, reset the FEM attenuations (note that ants 2 and 7 had screwed up crio.ini files, so I uploaded the right ones), and updated the DCM master table. This was all done AFTER the morning calibration (which was short anyway, because there was a bug in the GPS satellite coordinates today!).

21:19 UT Oddly, after today's SOLPNTCAL the offsets were the same as before. I checked the database, and indeed the antenna coordinate change did not happen. I am not sure why, since when I reran the exact same sequence of commands, the update went fine. In about 20 minutes I will see the second SOLPNTCAL at 21:30 UT, and can verify if the update worked.