Difference between revisions of "2019 July"

From EOVSA Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "[http://www.ovsa.njit.edu/wiki/index.php/Expanded_Owens_Valley_Solar_Array#Observing_Log Back to Observing Log] == July 02 == '''12:14 UT''' Today I set all of the antennas (...")
 
(July 02)
 
Line 3: Line 3:
 
== July 02 ==
 
== July 02 ==
 
'''12:14 UT''' Today I set all of the antennas (1-13) back to their old pointing coefficients from before I did the pointing measurements.  For whatever reason, the update to the pointing measurements was incorrect and nothing I did could make the updated pointing coefficients work.  I really do not understand why the update should fail.  I suppose I need to go through the algorithm in detail and see if there is a bug somewhere.  I did leave the 27-m (ant14) pointing coefficients updated, although I do not have a good way to check how good they are.
 
'''12:14 UT''' Today I set all of the antennas (1-13) back to their old pointing coefficients from before I did the pointing measurements.  For whatever reason, the update to the pointing measurements was incorrect and nothing I did could make the updated pointing coefficients work.  I really do not understand why the update should fail.  I suppose I need to go through the algorithm in detail and see if there is a bug somewhere.  I did leave the 27-m (ant14) pointing coefficients updated, although I do not have a good way to check how good they are.
 +
 +
== July 23 ==
 +
'''12:54 UT''' Yesterday I attempted to reset the DCM master table, but I messed up the command and the result was a table that was very much mis-set.  Probably yesterday's data are not much good.  This morning I figured out what went wrong, and reset it to correct values in time for the morning high-frequency receiver calibration.  I am trying to determine the EQ coefficients and come up with a scheme for setting them quickly and automatically, and to allow them to vary with antenna and band.

Latest revision as of 13:00, 23 July 2019

Back to Observing Log

July 02

12:14 UT Today I set all of the antennas (1-13) back to their old pointing coefficients from before I did the pointing measurements. For whatever reason, the update to the pointing measurements was incorrect and nothing I did could make the updated pointing coefficients work. I really do not understand why the update should fail. I suppose I need to go through the algorithm in detail and see if there is a bug somewhere. I did leave the 27-m (ant14) pointing coefficients updated, although I do not have a good way to check how good they are.

July 23

12:54 UT Yesterday I attempted to reset the DCM master table, but I messed up the command and the result was a table that was very much mis-set. Probably yesterday's data are not much good. This morning I figured out what went wrong, and reset it to correct values in time for the morning high-frequency receiver calibration. I am trying to determine the EQ coefficients and come up with a scheme for setting them quickly and automatically, and to allow them to vary with antenna and band.