Difference between revisions of "2020 August"

From EOVSA Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "[http://www.ovsa.njit.edu/wiki/index.php/Expanded_Owens_Valley_Solar_Array#Observing_Log Back to Observing Log] == August 22 == '''14:05 UT''' Start of re-analysis of polariz...")
 
(August 22)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
== August 22 ==
 
== August 22 ==
 
'''14:05 UT''' Start of re-analysis of polarization for 2017 July active region.  The relevant X-Y polarization observations were taken on 2017-July-02, but pcal_anal() data were deleted, so they are being recreated now.  Once they are done, the xydelay_anal() routine will be rerun and compared with the SQL record already stored for those data.
 
'''14:05 UT''' Start of re-analysis of polarization for 2017 July active region.  The relevant X-Y polarization observations were taken on 2017-July-02, but pcal_anal() data were deleted, so they are being recreated now.  Once they are done, the xydelay_anal() routine will be rerun and compared with the SQL record already stored for those data.
 +
 +
'''14:53 UT''' That was successful, and I was able to recreate the xy_phase dictionary.  The result is essentially identical with the one I got originally.  I conclude that there is no need to do any reanalysis of X-Y phase correction.
 +
 +
'''15:41 UT''' I have now checked the phase calibration for Jul 5-17, and it all looks correct and very beautiful.  I will next check the total power calibration, and if all looks good I can proceed with running the pipeline on that range of dates.
 +
 +
'''17:14 UT''' I did a couple of spot checks of the TP calibration and they look good, so I am proceeding with running the pipeline on all dates over Jul 5-17.  I am running them all in parallel, so we'll see if there are any problems with so many parallel jobs.
 +
 +
'''20:51 UT''' Well, finally the results for the first date, 2017-07-05, completed but the images were no good.  Many of the other jobs died for some reason.  I will have to take smaller steps through the process and figure out where it is going wrong.

Latest revision as of 20:53, 22 August 2020

Back to Observing Log

August 22

14:05 UT Start of re-analysis of polarization for 2017 July active region. The relevant X-Y polarization observations were taken on 2017-July-02, but pcal_anal() data were deleted, so they are being recreated now. Once they are done, the xydelay_anal() routine will be rerun and compared with the SQL record already stored for those data.

14:53 UT That was successful, and I was able to recreate the xy_phase dictionary. The result is essentially identical with the one I got originally. I conclude that there is no need to do any reanalysis of X-Y phase correction.

15:41 UT I have now checked the phase calibration for Jul 5-17, and it all looks correct and very beautiful. I will next check the total power calibration, and if all looks good I can proceed with running the pipeline on that range of dates.

17:14 UT I did a couple of spot checks of the TP calibration and they look good, so I am proceeding with running the pipeline on all dates over Jul 5-17. I am running them all in parallel, so we'll see if there are any problems with so many parallel jobs.

20:51 UT Well, finally the results for the first date, 2017-07-05, completed but the images were no good. Many of the other jobs died for some reason. I will have to take smaller steps through the process and figure out where it is going wrong.