Overview of EOVSA Computing Systems
The computing infrastructure for EOVSA has been developed largely according to the initial plan, which calls for multiple computers dedicated to specific tasks. This document describes the computing hardware specifications and capabilities, role of each computer in the system, and interdependences among them. A schematic summary is shown in Figure 1.
Specifications of Each System
In this section we detail the system specifications, for reference purposes. The systems are listed alphabetically by name.
The Array Control Computer (ACC) is a National Instruments (NI) PXIe-1071 4-slot chassis with three units installed: NI PXIe-8133 real-time controller, NI PXI-6682H timing module, and NI PXI-8431 RS485 module. The relevant features of acc are:
- Real-Time PharLap operating system running Labview RT
- Quad-core i7-820QM, 1.73 GHz processor with 4 GB RAM
- High-bandwidth PXI express embedded controller
- Two 10/100/1000BASE-TX (gigabit) Ethernet – one port is connected to the LAN, and the other is dedicated to the Hitite synthesizer.
- 4 hi-speed USB, GPIB, RS-232 serial, 120 GB HDD
- Rackmount 4U Chassis