EOVSA Data Analysis Tutorial
Here are some basic information on CASA and the software we are developing:
- SunCASA A wrapper around CASA for imaging and visualizing spectral imaging data of the Sun. ONLY AVAILABLE on UNIX-BASED PLATFORMS (MacOS High-Sierra and later, REDHAT 6 & 7 and equivalents)
- Obtaining CASA; CASA Guides
Setup connections to AWS server
This is Bin's personal Amazon AWS Lightsail server for testing purposes. The server has 1 CPU, 512 MB RAM, and 20 GB SSD storage. It runs CentOS 7 (1901-01) Linux.
!!!NOTE: THIS SERVER IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE EOVSA TUTORIAL, BUT *NOT* FOR CARRYING OUT ACTUAL DATA REDUCTION!!!
- Obtain SSH Key from Bin Chen
- Put it under a secure location on your own machine. Recommend to use "~/.ssh" (create if it does not exist by "mkdir ~/.ssh").
- Edit the permission of ~/.ssh and the key (here I use ~/.ssh as the directory to place your key)
chmod -R 700 ~/.ssh chmod 400 ~/.ssh/guest_key.pem
- Log on to test AWS server (password-less)
ssh -XY -i ~/.ssh/guest_key.pem firstname.lastname@example.org
[guest@ip-172-26-0-162 ~]$ suncasa