Difference between revisions of "2021 July"

From EOVSA Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(July 02)
(July 02)
Line 7: Line 7:
  
 
'''23:56 UT''' Oops, I just realized that my change from eq_coeff = 8 to eq_coeff = 2 was not made to the eovsa_corr.ini file, so it reverted back to 8.  That means all of today's data will have been measured with far too much gain and no doubt has bad saturation.  I just now edited eovsa_corr.ini to set it to 2, so hopefully we are back to correct data, but today's calibration will be no good.
 
'''23:56 UT''' Oops, I just realized that my change from eq_coeff = 8 to eq_coeff = 2 was not made to the eovsa_corr.ini file, so it reverted back to 8.  That means all of today's data will have been measured with far too much gain and no doubt has bad saturation.  I just now edited eovsa_corr.ini to set it to 2, so hopefully we are back to correct data, but today's calibration will be no good.
 +
 +
== July 20 ==
 +
'''13:03 UT''' The DPP crashed yesterday, apparently the result of a failed /data1 disk.  This has all of the FDB logs, so it may be a serious problem.  Meanwhile, I set up another disk (former /ldata1) as the /data1 disk and the system is again running and taking data.  I have to check that the pipeline is not experiencing problems due to the missing FDB logs.

Revision as of 13:07, 20 July 2021

Back to Observing Log

July 02

15:55 UT Last night we rebooted a number of computers and the correlator in an effort to clean up some persistent glitches I was seeing in the data. That means we have to reset the delays, which I did this morning. The reference calibrator and solar scans are no good due to incorrect delays. As of now I have them all reset properly except for Ant 12, which for some reason did not provide a good delay measurement. I will try again now, based on a 3C84 calibration from a few minutes ago.

18:15 UT I was distracted by a meeting, but have now updated Ant 12 delay successfully. It was 10 ns off, previously, but looks good now. I may make one more tweak of all of the delays this evening, to correct a few 0.1 ns or so remaining delays.

23:56 UT Oops, I just realized that my change from eq_coeff = 8 to eq_coeff = 2 was not made to the eovsa_corr.ini file, so it reverted back to 8. That means all of today's data will have been measured with far too much gain and no doubt has bad saturation. I just now edited eovsa_corr.ini to set it to 2, so hopefully we are back to correct data, but today's calibration will be no good.

July 20

13:03 UT The DPP crashed yesterday, apparently the result of a failed /data1 disk. This has all of the FDB logs, so it may be a serious problem. Meanwhile, I set up another disk (former /ldata1) as the /data1 disk and the system is again running and taking data. I have to check that the pipeline is not experiencing problems due to the missing FDB logs.