Difference between revisions of "Expanded Owens Valley Solar Array"
(→Using EOVSA Data)
|Line 124:||Line 124:|
== Tohbans ==
== Tohbans ==
Revision as of 13:21, 27 November 2019
EOVSA (Expanded Owens Valley Solar Array) is a new solar-dedicated radio interferometer operated by the New Jersey Institute of Technology. This wiki serves as the site for EOVSA documentation.
- Control System
Using EOVSA Data
- Analysis Software
- SunCASA A wrapper around CASA (the Common Astronomy Software Applications package) for synthesis imaging and visualizing solar spectral imaging data. CASA is one of the leading software tool for "supporting the data post-processing needs of the next generation of radio astronomical telescopes such as ALMA and VLA", an international effort led by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory. The current version of CASA uses Python (2.7) interface. More information about CASA can be found on NRAO's CASA website . Note, CASA is available ONLY on UNIX-BASED PLATFORMS (and therefore, so is SunCASA).
- GSFIT A IDL-widget(GUI)-based spectral fitting package called gsfit, which provides a user-friendly display of EOVSA image cubes and an interface to fast fitting codes (via platform-dependent shared-object libraries).
- Spectrogram Software
- Data Analysis Guides
- EOVSA Modeling Guide
- Other helpful links
- LabVIEW software
- Python code Github repository
EOVSA Flare List
See this link for a list of EOVSA flares as a Google Spreadsheet.
Another link available at the EOVSA website.
Here is a (partial) list of publications that utilizes EOVSA data.
- Polito et al. (2018), ApJ, 864, 63 Broad Non-Gaussian Fe XXIV Line Profiles in the Impulsive Phase of the 2017 September 10 X8.3-class Flare Observed by Hinode/EIS
- Gary et al. (2018), ApJ, 863, 83 Microwave and Hard X-Ray Observations of the 2017 September 10 Solar Limb Flare
- Kuroda et al. (2018), ApJ, 852, 32 Three-dimensional Forward-fit Modeling of the Hard X-ray and the Microwave Emissions of the 2015 June 22 M6.5 flare
VLA Flare List
See this link for a list of VLA flare observations.